- Two channels: CLEAN and DRIVE
- Two footswitches; BYPASS and DRIVE
- XLR LINE OUTPUT for mixing console connection
- DRIVE - knob controls the amount of overdrive in DRIVE channel
- CHARACTER - 3-way switch to changes character of the overdriven sound in DRIVE channel
- TONE - shapes the overall tonal response of the DRIVE channel
- DRIVE LEVEL - volume control of DRIVE channel
- CLEAN LEVEL - volume control of CLEAN channel
- SHAPE - 3-way sound shape switch - active for both channels: DRIVE and CLEAN
- BASS - low frequency level control. Active for both channels: DRIVE and CLEAN
- MIDDLE - middle frequency level control. Active for both channels: DRIVE and CLEAN
- TREBLE - high frequency level control. Active for both channels: DRIVE and CLEAN
- POWER SUPPLY VOLTAGE RANGE 9-15V: any power supply with power rating between 9 and 15V can be used.
- POLARITY SUPPLY AUTO DETECTION: allows using either centre-positive or negative polarity on power supply, (any power supply with different polarity can be used).
- DC ASSISTANT: protection against signal loss. If disconnected or the voltage is lower then 6V the effect is automatically switched to the " bypass " mode.
- Height - 65mm (2.59 in),
- Width - 122mm (4.80 in),
- Depth - 144mm (5.67 in),
- Weight - 0,65kg (1.43 lbs),
Meet the Bass Engine
The Taurus Bass Engine is a two-channel bass preamp and DRIVE in one. It can be used as an independent sound module, as well as an advanced DRIVE effect which could be one of the elements of the entire arsenal of effects on pedalboard.
The Bass Engine contains two channels: CLEAN and DRIVE. The CLEAN channel with 3-band EQ is a fundamental to gives the player desired sound of the instrument. On the other hand, the DRIVE channel makes it possible to obtain distorted sound ranging from the soft, smooth VINTAGE up to the predatory MODERN tone. Both channels can be used independently or mixed with each other, which gives great freedom and opportunities to experiment with sound.
Improve your sound
Guitar Engine is equipped with unique MLO equalizer for bass guitar designed by Taurus Amp.
The MLO (Mid-Level Optimization) system is Taurus’ proprietary system, allowing for easy, intuitive and extremely comfortable optimization of the overall sound of the bass guitar.
The MLO System provides all-new possibilities. It ensures the most accurate proportion of medium frequencies in accordance with your manual settings of bass and trebles. This very intuitive and logical system supports a musician's choice for the most desirable sound.
In addition, the MLO equalizer ensures virtually no change in overall volume while changing the bass frequencies. Unlike most amps, when adjusting bass frequency, the musician notices a change in the sound not the volume.
To sum up, the equalisation in the MLO keeps you within the correct range, at the same time allowing you to use the maximum potential of equalization of the bass sound. This is a big advantage compared to a classic solution, where you need to watch certain frequencies carefully to avoid overloading the speakers.
Bass Engine is a pill that has all the most important characteristics of the Taurus's sound.